May 24, 2007

Weird Vibrations

I feel weird today. Last night was The Divine Miss O's school parent information night and tonight is Wonder Boy's Spring Songfest. It was about this time last year that we were just recovering from having a newborn baby and the news of J having testicular cancer all at once. He had just had surgery and things weren't going well.

Last night as I sat and listened to all things preschool, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder to how this very night one year ago I had just dropped J off at the hospital, my in-laws were driving up to help after I called them in a panic, so I could attend this mandatory meeting. I was nursing and hormonal and freaked out inside, all the while trying to hold it together and just get through it without anyone really knowing.

We missed Wonder Boy's Spring Songfest last year. J was still in the hospital with a nasty infection from surgery and life felt too crazy for me to try to suck it up and attend the event. I'm going to send J and Wonder Boy by themselves tonight while I put the girls to bed. I think I need some peace and quiet to relax and chill. Although life is not as crazy as it was a year ago, I still feel odd. Maybe a little emotional. J has his one year appointments and CT scans soon. I will feel better when we know the results.

No comments: