May 13, 2007

Dear Mom,

Today on Mother's Day, I sit here at my computer while reflecting on my life as a mother and my life with you, my mother. I remember at 18, I was worried about how my hair looked and what outfit to wear. At 18, you were struggling as young, first time mom. I remember at 23, I was worried about graduating, finding a job in my career of choice, and my life to be. At 23, you were going through a divorce and struggling with living on your own and raising a young daughter. I remember at 26 I was embarking on my life as an adult, a wife, and a parent. At 26, you were living as a single parent struggling with the challenges of such and trying to find your way.

Our lives have turned out quite different but they've always been connected and interwoven. I wouldn't have it any other way. You are a strong, passionate, loving woman and I have learned many lessons from you and your life.

Now that I am here, a mom of three, listening to my husband cooking his famous mother's day breakfast with Wonder Boy and the Divine Miss O while Baby Love naps, I think of you and I say Thank You! Thank you for being my mother, my protector, my encourager, my confidant, my counselor, and my friend. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here and if not for you, I wouldn't be where I am today.

I love you!

No comments: