April 6, 2007

Hammer and Nails

It is a fantastic morning!!! The sun is shining and it's warm out, which is rare for Washington weather. It feels great!! Although I'm having a hard time truly appreciating the view from my windows since they are all semi boarded up. We've know that we needed to get our old cedar shingle roof redone since we moved into this house four years ago. We had a really bad winter storm this winter (the kind of storm you sleep in rooms that don't have trees directly facing them in fear one will be blown down and squish you) and we had several singles blown off the house. Not to mention the little critters starting to chew up spots looking for places to make little homes for themselves. Ewww! The roofer men (led by the man we call "the bald guy" for obvious reasons and because we can't remember his name and his right hand man "bald guy's brother") have put up boards around the house to protect the windows from possible breakage caused by falling debris. We've been on a waiting list for roofs for a while now but didn't expect it to happen this weekend. So this is very weird for me to have all sorts of roofer men walking around my house - I feel like I'm held up and they've got me surrounded. "Don't come in - nobody move! I have 3 kids and I'm not afraid to use them!!"

Today is the big day for other reasons as well. My Joints in Motion team mates and I are driving up to Burlington Washington tonight for our second walk/run. We will be walking the 5 mile course in the Skagit Valley Tulip Run tomorrow morning. I'm really excited!! I've never been the Tulip Festival and I'm looking forward to seeing all the flowers in bloom - I hear it is beautiful!! Plus the weather is supposed to be terrific unlike our St. Patty's Day Dash in March where it rained on us the whole time. In spite of the rain, it was lots of fun and I have the same high expectations for this one as well.

I have to give a great big shout out to my dearest, sweetest, funniest friend, KM in Michigan. She turned me onto The All American Rejects and their Move Along CD has been the soundtrack of my life this week. Every time I hear the song Move Along, I'm filled with the memory of her and her daughter (hey, hey, hey) dancing in their living room. I miss her terribly and I hope she comes to visit me very soon! "You hear me sista? Come see me!!"

A side note about Mr. Happy Piggy there . . . . . Some of you are probably wondering what the heck that's about. We found this adorable clay creation at the local Safeway and The Divine Miss O fell in love with him and wouldn't let us leave the store without buying him. She pets him "hello" and "goodbye" when we come and go. She's sweet that way - very compassionate and caring even for things that aren't real.

No comments: