June 21, 2007

Trash Talk

Okay, I'll admit it . . . . . . I love trashy, reality tv. I don't know why. Maybe it's the voyeurism? Maybe it's realizing your life is just not that screwed up? Maybe it's sneaky-ness of putting the kids to bed, grabbing a treat and finally flopping down on the couch after a long day? Or maybe it's the zoning out from my own reality that I love? Whatever it is, I love.love.love to watch crazy, trashy, reality tv. The trashier, the better!!!

Right now I'm totally hooked on Kathy Griffin's "My Life on the D List" - she is so funny, love her!! I also like Gene Simmons' "Family Jewels" - who knew he is as funny as he is. We are eagerly anticipating Big Brother this summer too. However, I'm so.so.so.so excited (can hardly stand it) about Paula Abdul's and Scott Baio's new and upcoming shows on Bravo. Paula Abdul is my generation people! How can I not watch? I bought her tapes (yes, I said tapes), knew all the words to her songs and made up dances to her beats. I absolutely cannot wait to get a sneak peek into her life. So fun!! I see she has a greatest hits coming out on cd soon and I need to buy it to share a little bit of my young years with my kids. Baby Love has the groove thing deep down inside. She can't help herself but boogie down to any and every beat she hears; even if it's just elevator music. She loves to dance and I know she'll appreciate my music love if no one else will.

In other news: I dropped off the kindergarten paper work for Wonder Boy this morning. So exciting!! He'll go full day and I know he'll thrive. He loves school and being social so this is totally up his alley. Of course the realization of him getting on that bus and leaving me for a whole day makes me a little sad. He absolutely drives me crazy on any given day, but I do love his sense of humor, his sweetness, his smartness . . . . . him! I'm a little sad that he'll be away from me everyday for hours and hours creating a little life of his own that I'm not a part of. I'll miss him!

No comments: