June 5, 2007

Thankful Tuesday

In honor of Thankful Tuesday, I would like to share what I'm most thankful for today.

I am thankful for Firestone Tires of Redmond WA for taking my money and completely screwing up my brakes so that they squeal like I have a small child screaming in agony lodge behind my wheel in spite of taking my van back four times. Yes, four times! Their skills of not being able to successfully install brakes on a mini van so that the brake pad doesn't crack and the mechanics doesn't fall out from the car when taken apart. If not for them, I would not be afraid to brake on a hill going over 35 mph and living life on the edge on a regular basis. Just call me an adrenalin junky!!

I'm also so very thankful for the Issaquah Police Department for siting me going 15 miles over the speed limit up the steepest hill in the city of Issaquah and presenting me a ticket of $142 dollars. If not for that kind motorcycle officer sitting in his sneaky speed trap hiding behind the tree, around the corner with the camouflaged fern on his helmet, I would have never realized my grave mistake of trying to trust my feeble vehicle up that 90 degree grade the city calls a hill.

Ah yes, it is a good day to be thankful!!

No comments: