August 23, 2007

etsy

People! Listen up!! If you haven't discovered Etsy yet, get out from under your rock and check it out. It's FABULOUS!! It's an online website (sort of like ebay) where people can sell their handmade crafts, clothes, art, etc and where people like me can buy cool stuff.

I found an artist at tambatoys and I fell in love with her "Olive Wears" collection. I want to buy a set of three (Olive wears Red, Olive wears Purple, and Olive wears Lime Green) for Miss O because they are cute and they remind me of her.

I also found a very cool digital artist! I ordered Wash Behind Your Ears for the kids' bathroom. I love the retro style! So fun!

*******

I had a great time last night hanging out with my dear friend at University Village. We had a lovely dinner, lots of conversation and little bit of shopping. My only regret, we didn't get more time to check out all the cool shops. The last time I was there was like three years ago, so last night only wet my appetite for more! We'll have to go back some Saturday and spend a good chunk of time browsing all the fun shopping we don't get to do with kids. We hung out for most of the evening after dinner in the book store because it stayed open late. I loved it! Perusing the art books and how tos, shifting through the kids section (I love children's literature), grabbing coffee, checking out all the lovely stationary, etc. All the while chatting along the way. It couldn't have been more perfect. I found Tintin for Wonder Boy. He's had his nose in it since I gave it to him this afternoon. Gotta love that!!

*******

While Wonder Boy was at his Tae Kwon Do 1/2 day camp this morning, Miss O, Baby Love and I waltz on down to the Dance Boutique for laces for her tap shoes. OH.MY.GAWD!!! It was dance accessory heaven. Tutus galore. Pink everything. The smell of leather toe shoes wafted up your nose the minute you stepped into the building. Miss O turned on her princess frufru mode and she was on auto pilot big time. Saying things like "Ohhhhhhhh, dis is sooooo cwute!!" "We hava buyit mama!!" and "Right now mama!!" She picked out the most flowery, lacey, pink leotard she could find and was pretty much demanding it just short of a temper tantrum. I was able to deflate the possible break down trying on some soft shoes which luckily were all too big, so we passed. I managed to get her out of the store completely forgetting about the pink overload dance wear. However, I'm super excited for her to start her little class this fall. They will do ballet and tap and I will be able to live vicariously through her. It's gonna be cute! (Look for pictures soon)

********

In my need to be more creative, I'm starting a new kick . . . . . . painting. Yes, I know . . . . . where do I get off. But art is all in the eye of the beholder right. So I grabbed a cheap canvas up and some green paint and voila!! I painted a pear for our bedroom wall a few months ago.










I've decided to paint little pieces of art for the children in our lives for Christmas presents this year. I bought a little paint set at Michael's this morning with my 50% off coupon. I've been sketching a little bit for ideas. I hope it works out. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: