July 27, 2007

weigh in: week #25

Pounds lost: -1.4
Total loss: 15.6
Diet: Weight Watchers
Exercise: not much at the moment, chasing kids, trying to clean house

Yahoo!!! I finally reach the 15 pound mark. I joined ww with a friend and we sort of made a deal with each other that at each milestone we would do something, that doesn't involve food, to reward ourselves. It was pedicures at 10 pounds (although I never got around to doing that) and something at 15 pounds. I have forgotten what the treat for 15 pounds was because that was so long ago. I joined in February and it's taken me this long to finally reach that goal. Lots of ups and downs weight wise. This has motivated me to keep on, keeping on though so I set my next goal for 20 pounds lost. I'm just hoping it doesn't take me another six months to see it.

The ww leader gave us homework at the meeting on Tuesday. We are supposed to write down positive motivators for ourselves and tuck them into our weight watchers booklet sleeves so we can see them each week and remind ourselves why we are worth losing weight and getting healthy. So far, I'm stumped!! I guess I really want to lose weight and get healthy so that I can enjoy an active lifestyle with my children. I don't want to be "that fat mom" who is always tugging on her clothes and sweating. I want to be comfortable in my skin. That's a start I guess.

1. I'm worth it!
2. My health is worth it!

No comments: