September 5, 2010

sweet picnic

A few years ago Mr. Hawthorne made a cute picnic table for the kids. It sat on the deck getting rained on and baked in the sun. When we moved to this new abode, it found residence on the front porch where it continued to get wet and baked for another year. Because of all that, the wood had slowly turned a shade of gray from the reddish tones of it's cedar wood young years.

My original thought was that it would be cute in a shade of red and have it continue to live it's life outside on the porch. However, that changed when I was in the paint aisle and a can of yellow called out to me. Now I couldn't imagine this sweet little picnic table being any other color. I love it. So much so, that I want it to live in Miss Petite's bedroom instead of outside.

Before
Primed
Lovely Yellow


No comments: