May 4, 2010

goody gumdrop

I had this really ugly, cheap-o frame sitting around and I wasn't really sure what to do with it. I didn't like it as it was...ugly, fake wood and brown. I debated about putting in the garage sale pile but then I flashed on this somewhat newish trend of painting old frames really bright colors. Mostly I see just a collection of frames without framing anything and without the glass.
After cleaning out the cabinet under the kitchen sink due to a big old leak, I found this can of gumdrop purple glossy paint I had used for a project a long time ago. Light bulb! I painted that old frame more as an experiment really which is why I didn't take a before picture. I didn't know how it would turn out. I thought I would just be throwing it away really.
However, I'm actually pleased with the result. Instead of just hanging the frame, I added a hand print of Miss Divine's from school and added it to the walls of our new playhouse right above the eat-in kitchen. Perfecto! I think I have a new favorite craft.


No comments: