January 15, 2011

block

What started out as a little holiday break and then a house full of sick people break, turned into blogger block. Big time! I kept coming here, my wee spot, my last three letters staring back at me, and I would go blank. I had nothing but I had millions to go on about all the same time. I kept thinking I could post about Christmas, or how we all got sick, or post pictures of our trip to Leavenworth WA, or brag about my guest post (more on that later), or continue on with my "Letters" series.....but I would get here and nada, zip, zero! Something would sidetrack me, or I just wouldn't have the energy to write anything down. Lazy, I know.

Today, I decided to just get on with it. Rip it off like a bandaid. I knew as soon as I posted something I would get my mojo back. So here I am. Putting the kabosh on this blogger block!

To recap:

Christmas break was good. We played in the snow and took a trip. We went simple and low key. And, it was enjoyable.

Then we all got sick. And, not the same sick. One would be throwing up, while another would be coughing. It was a modge podge of illness I tell ya. The last week of vacation we spent cooped up in the house watching movies and chillaxing. Aside from not feeling well, it was nice.

Then the kids and Mr. Hawthorne went back to school and work. And, I was left with a touch of the nesting bug. I have been going through the house one project at a time decluttering and organizing. I've been weeding out all the toys and clothes and unused whatnots from my living environment. Which means, I leave a trail of piles in my wake. I plan to have a bang up garage sale this Spring so in my frazzled mess making, there is a plan. It's true though....the more you let you, the more you toss, the more you give away....the lighter you feel. Stuff weighs you down. And if there is one thing I don't need, it's more weight!

So there you go. What was blog silence, will most likely turn into post overload. I've got some catching up to do and pictures to share and stuff to chat about. Be prepared.

No comments: