July 31, 2008

:: more camp ::

Today I made badges for the kids at Wonder Boy's birthday party to attach to their camp shirts after we play games and have done campy things.

We have one for bracelet making, one for s'mores eating, one for sleeping bag racing, one for birthday cake finding (scavenger hunt), and one for tug-a-war playing.

I had this idea to make badges but had no idea how I was going to do it. I saw a couple hand felted, hand embroidered patches on Etsy, but let's face it I don't have that kind of time nor would they look cute. So this was what I came up with. I bought wooden squares and little jewelry clasps at Michael's. I found some campy clip-art, made them small and printed them out. Then I used Mod Podge to glue the clip-art on and glued the clasps on back.

Fun and simple.

Here's the start of the goodie bags. They are those cloth, drawstring backpacks. I screen printed our camp logo on and we are going to fill them with compasses, flashlights, trail mix and canteens . . . . plus their goodies from the party can go inside.

No comments: