November 7, 2011

cause for celebration

Two major things are cause for celebration in my household on this fine day. First, I actually got a shower while everyone was still in the house mind you. And, second, all three kids loaded the bus for the school.

Yes, that's right, the flu came, conquered and went. The house looks like it might have been involved in some sort of war zone with piles of this and that strewn about, as not only did we get hit with a nasty bug causing upset tummies, fevers and throw up....but the washer and dryer decided they had had enough and yelled "strike". However, this I know. The house is disinfected. That I'm sure. Every possible surface was bleached or sprayed with Lysol. I never handed or accepted any object without a paper towel between me and the virus. And, while I haven't gotten sick, my hands are so dry I could probably sand your table for you.

In other exciting news, I will be boarding a plane to Costa Rica after the holidays. I'm very excited to experience the jungle life! I'm hoping to post many pictures and updates so stay tuned.

Until then, I must get on with it. There is talk about rain coming our way so I better go enjoy some dry weather while I can. So I guess, if you are counting, that is actually four things to celebrate....

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!

:)

No comments: