July 25, 2010

seattle square

Last week I received an invitation to check out the Seattle Square Launch through this very blog right here. Since this was the first invite of it's kind, I had to check it all out. How could I not?? What it is, is a new outdoor market in Pioneer Square of Seattle Washington. The Seattle Square began July 17 and will run every Saturday throughout the summer from 11am to 5pm. Along with local designed apparel, vintage and craft goods, the market features local restaurants and mobile food vendors.

I love, love, love craft fairs and farmers markets, so I was excited to venture out to this entirely new outdoor market. And, I wasn't disappointed. Lots of cool and fresh vendors, yummy treats, and being Seattle, a great place to people watch. The girls and I enjoyed cupcake goodness from Cupcake Luv and the most delish organic ice cream from Parfait. M'm M'm, good! My favorite vendor was Drunken Sailor Vintage Curiosities. And, the girls enjoyed the sidewalk chalk in front of the Ricicli which has the most adorable children's fashions.

Fancy a game of chess? This over sized board had many captivated.
It was pirate week and the Seattle Square was having a facebook contest. Crossing my fingers we win!
A view of the market. Many fun vendors.
A few pieces from my favorite booth.
Sidewalk chalk. What fun!
Cupcake goodness!
Loved all these vintage finds.
This display of photos is so creative!
This country and western doggie, named Horse, was downright adorable.
We loved the organic ice cream.

This little superhero was ...
...being chased by a disco dancing plant. Mr. Hawthorne thought it was a "green" car.

We give the Seattle Square outdoor market two thumbs up and can't wait to visit again.

No comments: