January 25, 2008

It's me, Little Irish.

Two days after my hot power yoga class I feel like I'm living straight out of the pages of Judy Blume's Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. I'm so sore!!! Mostly I hurt just above and behind my kneecaps and shoulder blades. But this morning my Pectoralis muscles are killing me. I can barely lift my arms above my head. I keep hearing the words "We must, we must, we must increase our busts!" running through my brain. (Ladies! Are you feeling me?) Oh Margaret, if you only felt what I am feeling right now you wouldn't be trying to increase anything, anytime too soon.

This pain and the lack of use of my arms at the moment hasn't deterred me from going to yoga next week however. You know when you do something and it's clear from the start "this is your thing!" That's how I felt about this class. I'm not great at sports and I lack the desire to really get good at any one particular. I don't really like to exercise using the treadmill or such machines. I count the minutes which as we all know, makes time go by at the most painful pace ever. I like going for walks, but I have to have a buddy to walk with, because like the exercise equipment I get bored and tired of doing it. You know, putting one foot in front of the other over and over and over again and again isn't the most entertaining activity no matter how many times you tell yourself "this is for your own good." But this hot yoga thing, is my thing. I love it!! I don't get bored during it. The pace is quick and I lose track of time. My most favorite part? When you walk out of the hot room into the sweet, cool air. The feeling is invigorating! Yup, I found my thing!

No comments: