March 2, 2012

thing 1, thing 2


Petite Artiste is celebrating her birthday today. And, because her class has been doing all sorts of fun Dr. Seuss activities this week, we (or I) decided to do a fun Seussville treat.

"Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!" when you put your mind to it.


We started out with red velvet cake mix. The only hiccup was that Miss Petite has a fellow classmate that is allergic to eggs. I'm no chef, and too lazy to make home-made, allergy conscience, organic (blah, blah, blah) anything. However, after doing a little research on the ole interwebs, I did learn that one can replace milk for eggs. Two Duncun Hines boxes later, I had mastered the recipe minus eggs. Toot, toot! 


I added some blue icing and blue cotton candy purchased at the dollar store. Easy peasy!! I was a little disappointed in the cotton candy though. It wasn't as fluffy as I wanted. But, heck, those little kinder kids are just going to swallow these babies whole and run around on a pure sugar high for 30 minutes. Which is really what Dr. Seuss books are all about anyway.....literature on a sugar high.

No comments: