May 19, 2011

skating party favors

For the most part, we invited the girls from class for this rocking roller skating party. But, one of my Miss Divine's bestest buddies from school is a boy, and, of course we had to invite him. Add him to her brother, cousin and a couple of family friends, we have five boys in total.

Each of the girls are going to receive one of these sweet roller skate necklaces because I fell in love with the charms and had to purchase them. However, I've been totally stumped on what to make for the boys that would be rad in their own right.


I thought something like a ball bearing, or roller skate wheels would be totally cool but I had to keep within the budget. I found myself in the jewelry section of our craft store this morning trying to convince myself little sparkly doo-dads could be something boyish and awesome. Skull and crossbones are over rated and over done. So I left the store empty handed.

Then it hit me!

I drove myself to the hardware store and picked out five of the best looking washers I could find. What's even more totally tubular is the lot only cost me a whopping 60 cents. Cha-ching!! I brought these bad boys home and made them into sweet neck wear is that off the chain!! Woot! Woot!






No comments: