April 25, 2011

what a way to make a living


I was lucky enough to be gifted two tickets to see 9 to 5, the musical this last Saturday evening. I do enjoy musical theater, I just am not able to take part in viewing musical theater very often. Plus I'm not a huge fan of driving in the city. With that said, I took my mom, and we were able to float on into the big city with ease. 

My mom took me along to see 9 to 5 the movie. I was six. Which is sort of funny but describes our relationship. So I only thought it fitting to take my mom to see the musical.

The cast was great. The woman playing Roz as my favorite. Diana DeGarmo (from American Idol) played Doralee, the Dolly Parton character. She was fabulous at singing with a squeaky, southern drawl.

We enjoyed the evening and I hope if you get a chance to see the musical, you must. Lots of fun!

Now, I must see if I can scrounge up the original movie.

No comments: