June 1, 2010

antique treasures

Treasures from the "famous" antique adventure have been put to use. All the big pieces I found are for Miss Divine's room. And since her seventh birthday is looming around the corner, the desk is her gift. She is over the moon!! I can't wait to get that wallpaper ripped off the wall and put a splash of color up. Everything in due time.

This tri-fold vanity mirror was tucked in the corner of a wee shop. It was on sale even. I have a very heavy mirror in the garage I had been planning to attach to this little dresser, but this vanity mirror is more fitting. Bonus: I didn't even have to change the color. Love!

My biggest and most exciting find of the day was this desk. It's actually a vanity missing the mirror. It had a jumble of stuff on top and in the store it looked off white. It was tagged at $60. but because of the holiday, it was on sale for 15% off. I snapped it up after I got a yes vote from my gals. I'm so happy about this. After I got it home, it looks more gray than white. But the color of furniture is relative when you live with Mr. Hawthorne. I love it's charm and it was exactly what I had in mind for this spot in Miss Divine's room. How could I go wrong?!

This chair I found first before spying the desk. It was also on the cheap plus on sale. I love, love, love the turquoise color. It matches the blues in Miss Divine's bedspread perfectly. I think I have her talked into light blues for her walls with pink and silver accents. As long as we have her horse pictures on the wall, she is cool with it.

No comments: