November 16, 2012

anam cara

There is a belief in Ireland that if we're lucky we will find a soul friend, or anam cara. I believe I have found mine in Kelly.

We met while working at the same department store some eighteen years ago. She worked in lingerie, I was in sportswear. We were fast friends! Young and silly.

She even held court as my matron of honor when Mr. Hawthorne and I married.

Kelly now lives in Michigan and I don't get to see her (in person) often enough. But through modern technology we often chat on a daily basis which I love.

Today is her birthday and I wish I could celebrate her awesome-ness right along aside her while we "cheers" over mango mojitos. Since we can't be together in person, this long distance wish will have to do.

So, my dearest friend! Paco! My bestie! Kemosabe! My anam cara! I wish you a very Happy Birthday! I miss you much! xoxo
 
 

 
 







 


No comments: