July 24, 2012

the goat project

I'll let you in on a little secret...about a year ago or so, my parents added goats to their menagerie farm. They have two beasty things in their backyard complete with a huge goat house. My parents let them out during the day and they hang around the farm with the dogs getting into things and doing goaty things. Very recently, a third baby goat joined the herd. His name is Sparky and he is pretty darn cute. I snapped this picture just this last weekend.

But here's the real secret (shhhhh, don't tell mom!), for a long time now I have wanted to find a cool goat picture as a gift. I saw one around Christmas time at a craft fair but the lady was charging way too much for the print so I passed. But ever since then, I've been on the hunt for something similar.

Then I came across these directions and I thought I would try my hand at it.


I used tracing paper instead of tissue paper. The ink did run a teensy bit but I thought it added charm to the photo.


After printing, I cut the photo to size.


Added Mod Podge to the canvas...


laid my photo on top...


and added another layer of Mod Podge on top. Side note: I put way too much Mod Podge on top. I should have done a very thin coat but my "more is better" mentality always seems to get the best of me in times like this. I also used my hair dryer to speed up the drying process which worked like a charm.


Here's the final result. I don't know if I love it, love it....but I do like it. I've seen around the interwebs how to distress and age projects like this so I might hunt down some more ideas and see what I come up with. Stay tuned.

No comments: