February 25, 2012

pity party of one


It's taken me a week of coughing and a stuffy nose for me to finally admit to myself I have a cold. A yucky, congested, head plugged up cold. I tried to tell  myself (and everyone around me) it was just a little asthma from my recent rendezvous with the local treadmill. But alas, I can't blame the treadmill anymore. Instead I'll blame the little people I live with that keep bringing home germs from school.

In a haze of rescue inhalers and sudafed, I agreed to coach Petite Artist's T-Ball team. I did have some wits about me, however, when I first talked my friend/neighbor into doing it with me before agreeing. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into and I have a few fears swimming around in the back of my brain about dashing the dreams of baseball greatness of five year olds. It is all supposed to be fun though. And, if there is one thing I can do, is make things fun. So maybe crushing all-star baseball super stardom isn't exactly warranted....just yet.

In between the kids' mid-winter break, basketball games/practices, preparing for squashing T-Ball fame, denial of illnesses, preparing to run a 1/2 marathon (cough), and taking care of my friend's kitty cat while she was on vacation.....(breath)......I managed to organized my laundry room, spend copious amounts of time on Pinterest, keep the house mostly tidy, drink many cups of joe and somewhat prepare for an upcoming birthday extravaganza. And, I tell you all this beeeeecuuuuuzzzzz, I haven't posted any updates and for that I apologize. I know you will forgive me though. *wink*

Speaking of birthday party fun, the pieces are fitting together now. I struggled with this Scottie Dog theme as most of you know. I had to get imaginative and stretch a few ideas, but I think it's going to work. Painted dog bones, dog houses made out of graham crackers, plaid and felt mask should prove to be a "woofing" good time. The shin dig is this next weekend so I'm feeling under pressure now to wrap things up. (pictures soon)

In other, fun, news check out Leaves and Lizards newly added page on their fantastic Equestrian Treks. When you scroll down, you might just find somebody you know. Oh, how I wish I was in the jungle right now....it might actually clear up my sinuses.

No comments: