January 3, 2010

marks the beginning


As we were driving East on 202 yesterday, Mr. Hawthorne innocently mentioned the pending birthday of a soon to be 4 year old in a few short months. And with that, our birthday season begins. I have carnival/circus themes floating around my head for Petite Artiste. She actually requested the theme about a year ago and it stuck. Here and there I've picked up a few things, eyeballed many websites and started forming a plan in my head. Our backyard at this house is much bigger than our backyard at the old house and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it will be warm enough (or at the very least, mild enough) for a semi-outdoor party. I have grand ideas for going big, but I have a feeling I won't be inviting all her little school chums so I'm thinking about going medium. My only concern for all my children's birthdays is that they "remember" the event. I want them to look back and say "when I step out, the whole backyard was transformed". I hope they have fond memories of their parties and develop favorites. Awe, I love birthday season!!

*photos from MarthaStewart.com

No comments: