October 9, 2009

10 months

In five days we will be moved into our new abode and the last 10 months will be behind us finally. I can hardly believe it. This roller coaster ride has come to a halt smack damp in the middle of my chest. I think there is some truth to stress making you sick....or that this said roller coaster ride of selling a home and finding a new house to make your own is so stressful, when it's finally over and things relax, your body shuts down and you get sick. Well, whatever the case may be, when things felt like it was all going to be OK, I got sick. The worse head/chest cold I've had in a long time. I'm still coughing. I can't breath, talk or laugh without coughing a lung up. It's the kind of cough that make people stare at you. They stare so hard that I feel like I need to wear a sign that reads "I do not have the swine flu!"

We are in the midst of packing. It's amazing the stuff you find when you are digging into nooks and crannies. I found two adorable Halloween costumes for Petite Artiste although she says she still wants to be a ghost.

It's a weird feeling to put the last seven years into boxes actually. I have a love/hate relationship with this house. When we moved here, we were in the middle of many changes and I hated this house to it's very last bit of foundation. It is small and didn't have adequate storage. There was the ugliest wallpaper in every bathroom and bedroom. Being newly pregnant, constantly sick and having a very active 15 month son running around didn't help jump start my love affair. But slowly and surely, we made this house our home. We created warmth and love throughout the rooms. Taking down the wallpaper helped too. Three kids, several animals, many birthdays, a bout of cancer and a handful of holidays later, I can honestly say that this is a great house with lots of charm and character. I will miss the unique floor plan and the great backyard and it's location perched on top of the hill.

With that said, I am looking forward to our new adventure. I am of a more stable mindset this go around. Although this new house won't be our home the minute we set our boxes down, I am looking forward to making it so.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Isn't it funny how you think you don't love a house and when it's gone(or about to be) you remember all these fantastic things and start to wonder why you didn't love it all along? Congratulations on getting the new house and best wishes on making new wonderful memories in the next one!