July 18, 2009

topsy turvy

Does anyone remember the hugely successful invention of the nineties called the Tospy Tail?? A woman named Tomima Edmark created it and marketed it by herself. Then she went on to earn $150 million in revenues. She now has a blog aptly named Tomima's Blog where she helps women close the gap in finding the perfect lingerie. You got to love the internet!!

I had completely forgotten about this phenomenon that I think my mom and I bought off TV or at the "As Seen On TV" sections of JC Penneys. I don't even remember using it all that much. The kids spent the weekend at Camp Grandma last week and Miss Divine came home with little gadget. My recollection was instantly jogged and we have been using it ever since.

I thought it would be fun to take you on a little tutorial of this fascinating exploration of fun little girl hair styles.

I give you The Topsy Tail!

Start with a nicely brushed head of hair

Pull into a loose pony tail

Insert Topsy Tail behind hair band

Pull end of pony tail through the loop of the Topsy Tail

Pull end of Topsy Tail with the end of the pony tail through the separated hair the Topsy Tail creates

Ta-Da! Pull pony tail tight and stand back to admire

Can be done on any age and all kinds of hair

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I do that to Miss Lou's hair all the time, I think it's so cute! I don't have any fancy gadgets tho...but she also has very little hair too. ;)

Ps. your 'model' is super cute!!