January 6, 2015

seven year itch

Holy Hootenanny!!

It's come to my realization, this here blog has been up and running since 2007!! That's seven years! Can you believe I was contemplating deleting the whole kit 'n kaboodle just a few days ago? You know what they say: Be careful what you post on social mediums; ya never know what can come back and bite you; people have lost jobs and teens aren't getting scholarships to colleges because of their online status. Since it's been a few months since I've come back to this spot, and since I've started dipping my toes back into the working (for pay) world, I thought maybe it was time to clean up my own virtual life so it's not floating out there in cyberspace. Out of my control.

But then last night, I started scrolling through some of very beginning posts and videos. Oh my!! How little the kids were. How cute their voices were. How much I've changed. How adorable the dogs were. How much we've done. How funny we were. How far we've come.

I realize I run the risk of not getting a job someday because of some wee antidote I've posted. Or that there is a possibility someone will form an unfavorable opinion of me in the long run. But, it's very clear to me now, I can not delete seven years of juicy, adorable little irish goodness. Even if I'm the only one who believes that.

I can say this. I really do enjoy this stage in life and where my family is at right now. I love the kids' ages and new found personalities. I don't miss the diapers and spit-up and car seats. But, oh what fun it is to look back at those early days and see my family grow and change and blossom.

In a very real way, I have given myself a gift I didn't even realize I was giving myself. Until now. A seven year, amazingly gooey, funny, raw, tender, messy, silly, joyful gift. What is more awesome than that?!



Before

 

After

No comments: