October 3, 2011

have you boo'd your neighbors?

In years past we've been boo'd unexpectedly and been caught off guard. The kids would throw together paper concoctions haphazardly that resembled baskets and we would throw some miscellaneous candy inside and head out to boo back. But I always felt lame at our attempt to take part in this booing ritual.

So this year I took the devil by the horns (Did you like my play on Halloween words just there. Clever. No?), did a little web research on cute boo-ness, bought some yummy holiday goodies and set forth in getting this neighborhood tradition going.

What is booing you ask? It's a lot like a Secret Santa with a Ding dong Ditch twist. You leave treats on the door step of your neighbors, ring the doorbell and run away. Then that neighbor does the same, and so on. After you've boo'd, you can put a sign on your door saying you've already been boo'd so the neighbors can sneak around the hood trying to find houses that haven't already been hit. It is tremendously fun!




I found super cute printables from Skip to my Lou. I printed this poem and made bags to hold spooky goodies. Feel like baking? This a super cute treat for more booing fun.


Want more on how to start the "Boo" in your neighborhood? Skip to my Lou is a great place to start.
It's fun!!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

How fun!! I can just seen them "RUN!!!"