March 28, 2011

m.i.a.

I've been M.I.A. (missing in action) these last couple weeks. I would like to say it's because I was off gallivanting around the globe on some fantastical adventure. Sadly that was not the case, the truth is I had surgery. Not to fret, it was elective and nine months in the making. The hardest part is over and I only have one more week to suffer through this horrible pureed diet I'm on. Every day I feel a little better and I'm ready to get on with it.

In other news, have you heard about shellac nail polish? I hadn't until last week. I usually don't get manicures because it only takes about two hours after walking out of the salon to have the polish chip. So I always felt like it was a waste of money and time. Now pedicures on the other hand....I'm your girl. Anyway, the other day I had cabin fever big time and I met friends at the nail salon. The gals started telling us about shellac and how it wears for three weeks without chipping or fading. I said I would try it, and friends, let me tell you! It's true. The nail polish stays true to it's word and stays put. It's magic.

My big kids are off from school this week for Spring Break. Because Miss Petite's little school is another school district, technically, her break isn't until next week. So, I signed El Fuego and Miss Divine up for a baseball camp. I knew Miss Divine would be one of few girls, but I didn't expect her to be the ONLY girl. It didn't seem to bother her much though. And, when I picked the pair up this afternoon, she had won herself a MVP award. Three cheers for being a girl.

The four legged members of our family have gotten themselves in a bit of hot water recently. Mavis is a barker. She barks at the deer. She barks at the squirrels. She barks at the people walking passed the house. She barks to bark. She LOVES to bark! Believe me when I say it drives us completely bonkers. We've tried every technique, every collar, and every reward. And, nothing has curbed her habit. To her defense, she never barks out of meanness. It's not because she wants to rip your face off. She simply just loves to bark. I think it feels good to her. My dogs are inside pets for the most part. I never leave them outside while I'm away. They go out to do their bizness and run around a bit, and they are back in the house at my side. However, those bits of moments when they are outside sewing their oats (and barking) has caused some unpleasant feelings for my retired neighbors. We are stumped as to what our next step will be. Very upsetting.

Other than that, I don't really have a lot to share. My life has been a bit like watching paint dry. I've spent a lot of time with my feet up and healing. I'm ready to get back into the saddle now.

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

WOW!! That's a lot going on! I'm glad you are on the up and up!
Thanks or all the tips about the polish!
That is too bad that the kids have separate spring breaks! Doesn't give you much of a 'break' with them. Yeah for baseball camp, sounds like they had fun!
Sorry about the dog, that's a bummer. I guess you can always try a muzzle… yeah complete last straw there!
Take care of yourself!