December 17, 2008

12 days

The 12 days of Christmas? Nope. 12 days of no blogging activity from Little Irish. Zip. Zero. Many apologies to my five loyal readers. What I have been doing these last 12 days? I have no idea! The usual, boring, crazy, mom-frenzied kid shuffling, house cleaning, grocery buying and holiday preparing. Plus, I must admit...I have been completely addicted to Facebook lately. And I find loading pictures there is way easier then loading only as many as five at time here on blogger and then having to edit the order in HTML and labeling them and then trying to add in text, etc, etc, etc. It's all about the pictures right!! Plus chatting and catching up with dear friends from high school in real time via instant messaging has been extremely entertaining. In fact, I had a little conversation with my pal from Australia just the other day and it was fabulously fun.

All the kids' schools and activities were canceled today because of a pending snow storm (more on that later). I keep looking over my shoulder for Ashton Kutcher because I'm feeling ultimately punk'd right now. The roads are dry and clear at the moment. There has been no snow falling. And the sun is shining. Today is an early release day too...so the kids could have gone to school and been back before Mother Nature dump a single drop of snow on us. I hear things are bad down south and it's coming here but I can't help but wonder if our superintendents and school officials, who called no school today, feel like gigantic dope heads for this little faux pas.

I had Miss O's five year old portrait framed and it's sitting at Aaron Brother's waiting for me today. Along with my Christmas cards at Costco. However, taking three kids on errand running is grounds for committing oneself to the mental institution. So they continue to sit and wait for me. Sigh. I skipped sending cards out for the holidays last year because too much was going on. I vowed I would do it this year no matter what. Right now, I'm hoping to get them to you before the new year. Cross your fingers.

I went to my six week hysterectomy appointment with the doctor that will forever go down in my history book as a God. She is wonderful and although having to drive 70 miles to see her is a bit of a pain, it is well worth the trip. She sincerely laughs at my jokes, puts me at ease and knows her stuff inside and out. (pun intended). I feel much better and have been given the green light to go back to my life 100%, only better. I am relieved.

We went tree hunting and brought home a small but beautiful tree. We decided to put it downstairs this year. We have gone very low key in decorating and didn't pull everything out of the Christmas boxes. I must say this year's festive montage, if you will, to the holiday is feeling very warm and magical to me. I love it. Not to mention being able to close the gate leading downstairs comes in very handy when trying to keep small children and little dogs away from the creations.

For now, I must go soak up some of this sunshine during our "snow storm" before it goes away. Much love to my peeps...you know who you are. xoxo

No comments: