December 3, 2012

monday

You know what I hate more than anything? Going to the dentist. Oh those routine cleanings are ok and my dentist is nice enough. It's the "work" that has to be done that bothers me. The "work" I had been trying to avoid as long as possible. Being the end of the year is near and the flex account money needed to be spent, I had to bite the bullet and go. So, I went. This morning.

I'm now writing this post with half of my face lacking any feeling while comically trying to take sips of a warm beverage. Don't worry, I didn't have any teeth pulled or cavities. I just had some old fillings removed and replaced with fancy new ones. And, with that, this gal should be completely done with any further "work"....forever. Thankyouverymuch!

Also, in case you were wondering, my goal of having the house in tip-top, Christmas shape came and went. It still looks a mess. Piles here. Piles there. Forget about trying to use the dining room table for it's main purpose of eating meals. Nope. It's not a desk, storage and gift wrapping station. Why is it when you try to organize something, you end up making a bigger mess than you started out with?

Bits of the abode have been organized and rearranged but it still feels like a work in progress. The season is sliding in and the unwanted junk and clutter is moving out thankfully. One can actually walk through the garage without hurting oneself. Can't say the same for the hallway upstairs however. The most exciting part of this past weekend was when the ginormous, as big as it was wide, TV from the year 2000 left the building. I swear we gained twenty-five square feet in the living room just by walking that sucker out the door. It was cause for celebration I tell ya.

****

I step away from the computer for two seconds and then *POOF* the entire day is gone.
And, what do I have to show for it? Nothing really, except for a sore cheek (thank you dr. dentist) and Christmas cards half way stuffed, labeled and stamped.

What's more?! This post is really about nothing. Absolutely nadda. I have no idea where I was going with it when I started and I have no clue how to wrap it up. So I just keep on rambling. Somebody needs to shut me up. Or give me a topic.

More importantly. I can now feel my face again. My tongue isn't bouncing around in my mouth like a swollen, numb noodle anymore. Plus, I was able to eat some very delish bean soup. Look out family!!