August 1, 2011

treasures

I scored myself some treasures this weekend. And the best part? They were all FREE!! Gotta love that.

This chair was spotted at my mother-in-law's house.
I had just visited a very over priced junky Antique store near my home town. I had driven past it a million times and I finally found myself with the ability to stop in. It was a little disappointing. The prices were high and the value of "stuff" was buried.
So I left empty handed and drove off to visit my in-laws. And that is when I spied the lovely aqua color in the corner of the kitchen. They were happy to load it up in my car and it now sits in Miss Petite's room. Perfectly!

My handy husband, Mr. Hawthorne, browses Craigslist now and then and came upon a twin bed frame and this dresser. We jumped. And, luckily scored these free treasures. They both need some TLC but are both in great shape. The dresser is adorable. It just needs some new knobs and a nice coat of paint. It will most likely find a new home in one of the girls' bedrooms. I'm so excited!!

The headboard will get a new life too. It is really cute as well. Just needs a good paint job.
Love, love, love!

No comments: