March 28, 2008

today you are you

Today you are you! That's truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, "I am lucky to be what I am!
Thank goodness I'm not just a clam or a ham
or a dusty old jar of sour gooseberry jam!
I am what I am! That's a great thing to be!
If I say so myself, Happy Birthday to me!"
-Dr. Seuss


One year ago, I signed up and filled out and broke the ice with an inaugural "here I am, brand new to blogging" post. It seems forever ago and feels sort of weird now. A lot happens in a year and I wasn't sure if I would even stick with it or how much I would share or if I would even post pictures of my children's faces. I look back sometimes at the things I posted and think to myself how silly I was or how I wished I could have expressed my feelings different or the feelings I didn't express and wished I had.

In a weird way, it's been a journey. A journey of self reflection involving joys, rants, misunderstanding, hopefulness, fun, exploration, growth, and expression. A dear friend once said of blogging as cathartic. Oh how true she is. There is something about emotionally purging in written word that automatically makes you feel better about everything.

So here I am one year later, one year older, one year wiser, one year different but also the same and I say to myself I am what I am! That's a great thing to be! If I say so myself, Happy blog Birthday to me!!


No comments: